Dinner win for the whole family.
Perfect for a busy, budget busting week night meal... of the vegetarian choice. This recipe, was super simple, very light and rather tasty! Easy enough to even get it done on our little cooker out in the mountains! Little ones loved it, we loved it. #win 💛
Made with fresh peas, spinach and lemon - turned through a wholegrain pasta and sliced avocado on the side for an added spin on flavour.
Serves roughly 4
What You Need:
- 400 g whole meal spaghetti (wholemeal spelt or gluten free option if available)
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 2 tablespoons soft ricotta cheese
- 1 lemon
- 100 g fresh or frozen peas
- 100 g baby spinach
What to Do:
1. Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
2. Meanwhile, carefully crack the eggs into a small bowl and beat them with a fork. Season to taste with a little black pepper, then stir in the ricotta finely grate in most of the lemon zest.
3. When the pasta has 3 minutes left, add the peas. Reserve a little cooking water on the side, then drain the spaghetti and peas, and return to the pan.
4. Stir in the egg mixture and spinach with a wooden spoon – they’ll cook gently in the remaining heat. Add a little pasta water to loosen, if needed.
5. Share and serve with a avocado in my case or side salad.
#healthy #happy #nutrition #vegetarian
Mom | Certified Health & Nutrition Coach
Through a moms eyes I speak about the high’s,
the lows, the hope and despair that comes with
being an Olympic athlete, how these have shaped
my journey to health, the love I have for food again,
the products I enjoy, what drives me and my
passion to help YOU.
from my home to yours