The picture isn't perfect but the taste oh so good!! So the story behind this soup, what sits behind the picture. Taken on a little white board at a little condo out the back of the gorgeous hot pools that surround lake Taupo.
Turns out you can eat healthy home cooked food just about anywhere. Our family, ok my husband and i, the little ones are on one big adventure all the time, have a habit of packing up the entire cupboard when we go on holiday. Our portable little stove, the works!
So we are, parked up at the base of the mountain savouring the warm goodness of our ‘home’ cooked soup. Its really that simple it can be done anywhere. And this bowl in particular has some incredible memories attached.
What You Need:
- 1 large onion, sliced into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 small carrots, peeled and sliced
- ¾ large pumpkin, chopped into piece and roasted
- 1 handful coriander
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 ltr water (or enough for consistency required)
- 1 tbs raw honey
- Sea salt and ground pepper for seasoning
What to Do:
1. Take roasted pumpkin (can roast other vegetables to, I just had pumpkin already done - for roasting if doing it from scratch, place in oven for 30-40 mins, lightly drizzled with olive oil and seasoned to taste)
2. Add roasted pumpkin, coriander and all other vegetables to a large pot
3. Add water, stock cubes and honey, mix through
4. Bring to heat and allow to simmer until soft. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
5. Eat as is or use a hand held blender to make smooth.
6. Season to taste and enjoy!
Mom | Certified Health & Nutrition Coach
Through a moms eyes I speak about the high’s,
the lows, the hope and despair that comes with
being an Olympic athlete, how these have shaped
my journey to health, the love I have for food again,
the products I enjoy, what drives me and my
passion to help YOU.
from my home to yours