Summer fresh, how I love asparagus. And how I love pasta.
I remember the days living in fear of carbs, it was a avoid eye contact at all costs situation! Oh joy to be free of that.
Hello to this bowl of simple, filling, nutritious goodness!
What You Need:
What to Do:
1. Have all the ingredients for this recipe prepared and ready to cook before beginning. Bring about 3 quarts of water to a boil and have it ready for the pasta.
2. Cut the asparagus into lengths about 2 inches long. If the stalks are thick, cut them in half or quarter them. Leave the tips intact. Heat the butter in a large, deep skillet and add the asparagus pieces, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender and lightly browned. Transfer the asparagus to a plate and reserve.
3. In the same pan, add the oil and garlic. Cook until lightly browned and remove and discard garlic. Add the tomatoes, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, add the pasta and salt to the water and, when it returns to a boil, cook for about 7 minutes or until tender. Do not overcook.
5. Just before the pasta is done, turn off the heat under the tomatoes and add the beaten eggs, stirring vigorously so that they blend without curdling. Do not boil the sauce after the eggs are added. (If you are nervous about curdling the eggs, you may temper them in, by stirring a ladleful of the hot tomato sauce into the eggs, then whisking the mixture back into the pan.)
6. Add the asparagus to the tomato sauce and stir to blend.
7. Drain the pasta immediately. Add the tomato sauce and asparagus, and toss with half the cheese. Serve piping hot with the remaining cheese on the side.
Mom | Certified Health & Nutrition Coach
Through a moms eyes I speak about the high’s,
the lows, the hope and despair that comes with
being an Olympic athlete, how these have shaped
my journey to health, the love I have for food again,
the products I enjoy, what drives me and my
passion to help YOU.
from my home to yours