Easy, healthy and so delicious, three of my favourite things right there!!
Yoghurt oat blueberry muffins - no refined sugar and packed with whole grains – still all kinds of fluffy and oh so tasty (with blueberries OR chocolate chips!). Enjoy these as a healthy little treat.
Makes roughly 12 muffins
What You Need:
* 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or unsweetened natural yoghurt
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1 large free range egg
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1/3 cup raw honey
* 1 cup whole grain oats
* 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 to 2 cups blueberries or chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips sweetened with stevia)
* 4 tbsp butter or coconut oil, melted
What to Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners or grease with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together the yogurt, milk, egg, vanilla, and honey.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add the blueberries or chocolate chips and toss to combine.
4. Add the yogurt mixture and the melted butter or coconut oil to the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined (don't overmix or the muffins might be dense).
5. Portion the batter evenly among the muffin cups (I use a #60 cookie scoop). Bake for 14-17 minutes until the tops spring back lightly to the touch.
6. Let the muffins cool for a few minutes in the tin and then remove them to a cooling rack to cool completely. These muffins freeze very well or keep at room temperature for a few days (well-covered in a tupperware or bag).
Mom | Certified Health & Nutrition Coach
Through a moms eyes I speak about the high’s,
the lows, the hope and despair that comes with
being an Olympic athlete, how these have shaped
my journey to health, the love I have for food again,
the products I enjoy, what drives me and my
passion to help YOU.
from my home to yours