Starting this journey in the best way possible! Every good fuel needed, It’s going long haul with 2 busy preschoolers all the way to Africa! 😳 Ready and excited.
This recipe is for all those chocolate lovers who want a fix at breakfast time.
What You Need:
- 2 cups nuts (almonds, cashews, pecans),
- 2 tbs flaxseeds pre soaked
- 1 cup buckwheat
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 75g me drool dates (about 4) pitted
- 2 tbs natural unsweetened peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup coconut flakes
What to Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C and line a baking tray with baking paper to prevent sticking.
2. Place nuts, flaxseed buckwheat and puffed rice in a mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Place the dates, peanut or almonds butter, oil, cocoa powder and salt in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to the mixing bowl and stir well until all of the dry ingredients are well coated. Spread the granola mixture evenly over the prepared baking tray and bake for 15-20 mins, or until browned and sticky. The granola will firm upon cooling.
4. Remove the granola from the oven and allow to cool for 30 mins. Sprinkle over the coconut flakes. Transfer to a sealed jar and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Inspired by Womens health
Mom | Certified Health & Nutrition Coach
Through a moms eyes I speak about the high’s,
the lows, the hope and despair that comes with
being an Olympic athlete, how these have shaped
my journey to health, the love I have for food again,
the products I enjoy, what drives me and my
passion to help YOU.
from my home to yours