Bursting with nutrients (hello lycopene!) and flavour. The roasted tomatoes bring this simple dish to life, throw in the crunchy almonds mixed into good hearty wholemeal pasta and need i say more.
Make some and freeze extra, making for a perfect wholesome weeknight meal to have on the table in minutes!
Yields: 1 cup pesto
What You Need:
What to Do:
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C and line a baking sheet with parchment. Place sliced tomatoes on the sheet and drizzle with oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for about 1 hour and 10 mins at 200 degrees C. Watch closely during the last 15 minutes of roasting.
2. Reduce oven heat to 160 degrees C and toast almonds for 8-10 minutes. Add 1/3 cup into food processor and process until finely chopped. I left mine a bit chunky for texture. Remove and set aside.
3. With processor turned on, add garlic and let it whirl around until finely chopped. Now add in the basil and process until finely chopped.
4. Add in the oil and 1.5 cups of roasted tomatoes (you will have tomatoes left over). Process until smooth. Pulse in 1/3 cup toasted almonds. Season generously with salt and pepper. I think I used about 1/2 tsp salt or a bit more.
5. Pour your desired amount of pesto over the cooked pasta and mix well. Chop the remaining roasted tomatoes and stir into pasta. Chop remaining almonds and chopped the basil.
inspired by Oh she glows
Mom | Certified Health & Nutrition Coach
Through a moms eyes I speak about the high’s,
the lows, the hope and despair that comes with
being an Olympic athlete, how these have shaped
my journey to health, the love I have for food again,
the products I enjoy, what drives me and my
passion to help YOU.
from my home to yours